Cooking any kind of food requires some advance preparation to be successful and to have fun.
The Mediterranean way of cooking is a very pleasant way to enjoy the products of this blessed region.
They are products readily available in every supermarket.
Also, remember that seasonal cooking is the best way to enjoy food, especially when the vegetables are ripe and fresh off the farm!
Everything tastes so much better when it is grown locally !!
The lifestyle of the Mediterranean region is a relaxed one and have fun lifestyle, the food is so easy and so delicious, that once you try a few recipes you will fall in love with the simplicity and the amazing Taste.Get a Greek recipe book, and I highly recommend “Take the taste of Greece with you” an award winner, best in the world by the Gourmand world cookbook awards of France and start experimenting.Stock tour Greek pantry with the ingredients that follow!
- Here is what to have in your Greek pantry
- Greek olive oil
- Greek Oregano, Thyme, Bay leaves, Sage, Cumin, red pepper flakes or Boukovo in Greek, Rosemary!
- Lemons, for the juice and the jest
- Greek sea salt, a natural product and very inexpensive
- Greek olives and there is a big variety not only kalamatas
- Greek honey, especially thyme honey from the island of Crete
- Phyllo available in the frozen section of your supermarket
- Greek strained yogurt…Nothing to say simply the best
- Greek coffee and a Brickie the little Greek coffee maker
- Greek cheese and please Feta is not the only Greek cheese, try Kasseri, Graviera,ladotyri and so much more
- Orzo the Greek pasta we use in salads and casseroles, just have in mind it has to be with 100% semolina
- Hilopites, such a wonderful homemade pasta
- Tomato paste, low in sodium
- Garlic and Onions
My recipes are easy and fun to do, no complications and readily available ingredients in your local supermarket.
Impress your family and friends with cooking advice from the best.
“Take the taste of Greece with you” the book that makes it possible!
Enjoy the flavors! Enjoy the spirit of the land! Get the book.
Trackback from your site.